Dynamic, a wholly owned subsidiary of Reveleer, is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Java Developer opening. The Sr Developer is focused on the development and maintenance of new and existing features in our Medicare Advantage management applications. This individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work well independently as well as in a team environment. The Senior Java Developer will demonstrate an advanced understanding of general software engineering concepts/computer science fundamentals and their application to solve real world business problems, and will have experience building and querying high-data volume in an enterprise environment. The successful Senior Java Developer will excel at taking personal responsibility and ownership of on-time delivery of all project assignments.
- Design, develop and maintain web-based applications to enhance the performance and reliability of our current applications, as well as participate in the development of new industry-leading products, leveraging technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, MS-SQL, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Develop high-performance, distributed systems using Java and open source technologies.
- Work with analysts, team members, and stakeholders to understand and document software requirements, and ensure applications are developed according to specifications.
- Troubleshoot problems, whether due to data or software, and work to rapidly implement repairs.
- Core Java and J2EE expertise – 5 or more years working in Java environments
- Strong object-oriented coding practices (UMI, Design Patterns)
- Full Software Development Life Cycle experience
Additional desired skills:
- Message Queues: JMS, AMQP, RabbitMQ
- Enterprise Architect experience
- AJAX, JSON, jQuery
- Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, Hudson, etc.)
- High volume transactions systems/Batch processing
- Web Services (SOAP/RESTful)
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology and SCRUM process
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline OR the equivalent combination of education and work experience. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Must have industry knowledge and experience in large data warehouse implementations or similar experience with financial, claims, ERP, manufacturing or other transaction-intensive systems.
- Must be able to manage changing direction, legacy code and adapt to a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work with a variety of personalities, skill levels, and roles of both onshore and offshore resources in order to accomplish deliverables and goals.
- Healthcare domain knowledge a plus